Category Archives: Australia

I am an AWSM psychic

Nostradamus has nothing on me. Following is a collection of my bestest predictions, as tweeted this morning under the #notNostradamus hashtag. Someone will says something slightly offensive and the media will blow it out of all proportion. Today Tonight and … Continue reading

Posted in Australia, Family, Politics, Science | 2 Comments

Sarah – a rebel with paws

Sarah was a beautiful German shorthaired pointer, who came to us from a broken home. What we weren’t told was that she broke it. Her mother, Mia, was an exceptionally well trained hunting dog, responding to hundreds of verbal and … Continue reading

Posted in Animals, Australia, Family | Leave a comment

Correspondence with Barry O’Farrell on #protectresearch

Dear Barry O’Farrell MP, Thank you so much for your lovely letter. It is nice to know that the State Government is thinking of each and every NSW citizen paid by the government.  I did not understand all of it, … Continue reading

Posted in Australia, Health, Politics, Science | 2 Comments

#Protectresearch

I would like to do a post on this hashtag, #protectresearch, without sounding needy, whining and desperate but I’m not sure I can manage that. I’ll do my best. I have been employed doing medical research continuously without a break … Continue reading

Posted in Australia, Family, Health, Politics, Science | 2 Comments

Australian, more or less.

Interesting. So 44% of Australians were not born in Australia or have at least one parent who was not born in Australia. That does not give the other 56%, particularly those of us who were born here and whose parents … Continue reading

Posted in Australia, Family | 1 Comment